Totally refreshing chilled soup… slightly spicy with a touch of mint!
For: 8 servings
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking: 5 min
Ready in: 3 h 10 min
- Set aside 1 cup cubed watermelon and 1 Tbsp chopped mint.
- In small non-stick skillet, saute ginger, brown sugar and zest of two limes over medium heat for 2 min. Add juice of 4 limes and Punjab Red Tandoori; simmer until mixture thickens slightly.
- Place watermelon in large flat-bottomed bowl or stockpot. Add ginger lime mixture and 2 Tbsp mint. Using immersion blender, puree until smooth.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into bowls. Add 2 Tbsp of cubed watermelon in center of each bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp creme fraiche or yogurt. Garnish with reserved mint.
- Or... Make into a cocktail!! In a blender, add 1 cup of chilled soup with 2 ounces of vodka. Blend until smooth. Serve with a lime wedge or mint.