Light, colorful, and delicious, these Shrimp Spring Rolls will really hit the spot!
- 1 lb frozen shrimp (thawed, peeled, deveined)
- Urban Accents Cayman Citrus Dryglaze
- 12 rice paper rounds ((Find in the Asian section of most grocery stores.))
Suggested fillings (choose 4-6)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1-2 carrots, in thin matchsticks
- 1 English Cucumber, in thin matchsticks
- 1 mango, in thin matchsticks
- fresh herbs - basil, cilantro, mint, thai basil
- avocado, thinly sliced
- cooked rice noodles
- bean sprouts
- lettuce leaves
For Thai Peanut Sauce
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Place shrimp in a ziploc bag with 1 ounce seasoning and oil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Prepare all fillings and sauce while shrimp marinate.
- For sauce: whisk together peanut butter and Thai Chili Taco Sauce. Add sriracha to taste. Set aside until ready to use.
- When ready, heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add all shrimp to pan and cut on each side 2-3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and set aside until ready to use.
- When ready to roll, fill a pie dish with warm water. Lay one rice paper round flat in the water until it becomes pliable - appx 15 seconds. Carefully transfer paper round to a clean, damp kitchen towel being sure to keep edges from sticking to itself. Stack a few slices and matchsticks of veggies and line three shrimp beside the stacked veggies.
- Carefully use a burrito roll technique to roll the veggies and shrimp - close the sides before the rolling all the way. This will take some practice. Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Place finished rolls on a platter. Cover with a damp cloth. Rolls can be refrigerated, covered, up to 3 hours before serving.