Spicy Snack MixMarch 20, 2015
Courses: Appetizers/Snacks Cuisines: African/American/Asian Seasons: Fall Feasting/Springtime Fresh/Summer Grilling/Winter Warmers Difficulties: Quick & Easy
Seasoned with a fiery African spice and balanced with sweet brown sugar… this pretzel and cashew snack mix will become one of your favorites!
For: 4 servings
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks or small knots
- 1 cup natural cashews
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri
- 5 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together pretzels and cashews.
- In a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, Mozambique Peri Peri and 1 Tbsp water to a boil, stirring constantly. Pour over pretzel mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Spread pretzel mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake until nuts are crisp, about 15-20 min, tossing occasionally. Cool on baking sheet before serving.
- Store at room temperature in air-tight container.