Super sweet pineapple is combined with an African spice and tart lime for an impressive and delicious dessert… just serve with vanilla ice cream and you’re good to go!
- 1 whole pineapple
- 3 Tbsp turbonado sugar (sugar in the raw)
- 1 Tbsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri
- juice & zest of 1 lime
- Trim off sharp tips of pineapple leaves, but keep leaves attached to pineapple. Cut pineapple lengthwise into eighths. Slice off core from each wedge section.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, Mozambique Peri Peri, lime juice and zest to form paste. Add pineapple wedges; gently toss so that paste is evenly distributed on pineapple flesh and let marinade for 10-15 min.
- Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan for medium-high heat.
- Grill pineapple wedges on all sides to get slightly charred grill marks.
- Slice pineapple away from shell and then into pieces, but still keep in pineapple shell. Serve as a dessert or as an accompaniment to pork.