Season: Summer Grilling
Super sweet pineapple is combined with an African spice and tart lime for an impressive and delicious dessert… just serve with vanilla ice cream and you’re good to go!
For: 8 servings
Preparation: 10 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready in: 20 min
- Trim off sharp tips of pineapple leaves, but keep leaves attached to pineapple. Cut pineapple lengthwise into eighths. Slice off core from each wedge section.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, Mozambique Peri Peri, lime juice and zest to form paste. Add pineapple wedges; gently toss so that paste is evenly distributed on pineapple flesh and let marinade for 10-15 min.
- Preheat grill or stovetop grill pan for medium-high heat.
- Grill pineapple wedges on all sides to get slightly charred grill marks.
- Slice pineapple away from shell and then into pieces, but still keep in pineapple shell. Serve as a dessert or as an accompaniment to pork.