Squash and Crispy Kale Harvest BowlOctober 4, 2018
These beautiful, nutritious bowls are made of tasty mix-and-match elements that can be combined to create your perfect meal. Weekly meal prep is super easy with our four Veggie Roaster seasonings!
- Urban Accents Parmesan Mediterranean Veggie Roaster seasoning
- 1 butternut squash (or other squash), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes or slices
- 1 can black eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 bunch curly or red kale
- 2-4 cups cooked farro (or cooked grain of your choice)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs for garnish
- 15 min
- 25 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. If you haven't already, cook the grain according to the package instructions.
- On an aluminum foil lined baking sheet, coat squash pieces with olive oil and liberally sprinkle with seasoning. Roast at 350 for appx 20 or until squash is browned and caramelized.
- While squash is cooking, clean kale and remove tough spines and stems. Roughly chop into large pieces. Massage with olive oil, liberally sprinkle with Veggie Roaster Seasoning, and arrange the leaves on another foil lined baking sheet. Don't crowd the sheet - kale will steam and not get crispy if it's piled up.
- When the squash is almost finished roasting, add the kale on the top rack of the oven. If you're in a hurry, you can use the broiler for this step, but be cautious. The kale will burn quickly.
- Warm the black eyed peas in the microwave or simply in a skillet over medium heat.
- Remove everything from the oven and assemble your bowl with the farro on the bottom and squash, kale, and peas on top. Garnish with fresh herbs.