Spicy Grilled Pineapple SalsaMarch 20, 2015
Fresh pineapple grilled with a lime-accented spicy blend is the base for this innovative salsa…
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1-2 Tbsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri
- 2 limes, juiced & zested
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel and cut pineapple into slices, and then wedges, removing the core.
- In small bowl, mix Mozambique Peri Peri with juice and zest of one lime (start with 1 Tbsp and then increase amount based on your "spicy" preference).
- In large non-metallic bowl, toss lime mixture with pineapple and let marinade for 10-15 min.
- Grill pineapple slices on both sides over medium heat to get slightly charred grill marks. Set aside and let cool.
- Once pineapple is easy to handle, dice the slices into small pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl and squeeze the remaining lime juice over the salsa.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour to cool.
- Serve with tortilla chips.