Spicy, yet sweet grilled onions, apples, and topped with goat cheese… this pizza is deliciously different!
- 1 pkg Urban Accents Santa Fe Dryglaze, divided
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb pizza dough or prepared 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 8-oz goat cheese log, crumbled
- 1 small apple - thinly sliced
- 20 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- In medium bowl, combine 3 Tbsp oil and contents of Santa Fe Dryglaze packet, reserving 3 tsp of Dryglaze. Add onion slices/rings to bowl; stir to coat evenly and set aside for 15 min.
- In separate small bowl, combine tomato sauce and reserved Dryglaze seasoning.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion rings until slightly softened, about 5 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- If using dough, stretch or roll dough on floured surface to form two 10-inch discs, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Brush top of dough discs with remaining oil; place disc oil-side down on grill and close lid. Grill over medium heat 1-2 min or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula.
- Spread seasoned tomato sauce on crusts. Layer with grilled onions , sliced apples and top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Close lid; grill 3-4 min longer until cheese is softened and crust is browned. Check often to avoid burning.
- Slide pizza onto cutting board, slice and serve immediately.