Spicy Black Bean BurgerMay 3, 2016
Even carnivores will love veggie burgers with our slightly spicy blend of chipotle peppers, cumin, coriander and garlic.
- 2 14 oz cans black bean, rinsed and drained well
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Urban Accents Mesa Rosa Chipotle
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Using a food processor (or a hand mixer), pulse 1 can of beans with egg, panko, and seasoning until a coarse puree is formed. Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in remaining can of beans and cilantro.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions; ball lightly and flatten into patties. Place on platter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before cooking for at least one hour.
- Heat small amount of oil in non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers until they are warmed through and outsides are crisp and lightly browned, turning once; about 6-9 minutes.
- Optional - Serve burgers with gaucamole, chipotle mayo, lettuce & tomato.