S’mores Popcorn BallsJune 29, 2017
These tasty treats hit all the best flavor notes: sweet, salty, crunchy, and gooey.
- 3 quarts popped Urban Accents White Gold Popcorn Kernels
- 1 10-ounce bag marshmallows (any size)
- Urban Accents Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Popcorn Seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup small pretzel sticks (cut in half)
- 1 cup graham cereal (Golden Grahams or similar)
- cooking spray
- 2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips divided
- Make sure your popcorn is popped and free of loose, unpopped kernels. Season popcorn liberally with kettle corn seasoning.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly.
- Once mallows are melted (appx 2 minutes), add popped corn, pretzel stick halves, and graham cereal and stir to coat all ingredients with sticky mixture.
- Coat clean hands with cooking spray, and carefully form popcorn mixture into balls. Mixture will be hot. Experiment with sizes to find just the right size for your occasion.
- After balls have cooled a bit (but are still sticky), roll them in chocolate chips to help some chips stick to the outside. (This step is optional. We didn't add chocolate chips to hot mixture to prevent melting and coloring treats brown.)
- To make chocolate glaze, melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave until just melted. Use a fork to drizzle chocolate over cooled balls. Let chocolate cool and set before serving.
- To serve, we suggest stabbing a marshmallow with a pretzel stick and perching it atop each popcorn ball. Then, you can 'roast' the mallow with a culinary torch.