Sometimes it's best to just keep it simple, and this recipe does just that. Crown your grilled cheese with one simple technique: season the butter. Who knew? Holy cow. Yum!
- 1 stick + 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 3-4 tbsp. Urban Accents Mesa Rosa Chipotle Spice Blend, divided
- 6 slices bread of your choice (Sourdough gives a tangy flavor and chewy-crisp texture!)
- 6 slices cheese of your choice (A blend of cheddar and American works well.)
- 1 can pickled jalapenos or diced chiles (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Stir together sour cream and 2-3 tablespoons seasoning. Garnish with jalapenos, if using. Set aside.
- Melt one stick butter and stir in 1 tablespoon Mesa Rosa Chipotle Seasoning.
- Build sandwiches by layering cheese between two slices of bread. Add pickled jalapenos here, if using. Generously brush seasoned butter mixture on both outside surfaces.
- Working one sandwich at a time, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat in a skillet. Cook sandwiches 3-5 minutes on each side or until toasty brown and cheese has melted.
- Cut sandwiches into finger size rectangles, and enjoy dipped in seasoned sour cream.
Entertaining Tip: Complete recipe until sandwiches are all cooked. Store in fridge for up to 24 hours. When ready to eat, slice into rectangles and warm in a 350° oven for appx 10 minutes. Serve with seasoned sour cream.