These Slow Cooker Chicken Tomatillo Tacos are so easy and perfect for the weekend. Put the chicken in after breakfast, hit the park, run some errands, and return home to a light, flavorful lunch.
- 4 servings
- 2-3 L boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 bottle Urban Accents Tomatillo Garlic Taco Simmer Sauce
- Place chicken breasts, onion, and sauce in slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the inside of the chicken breasts. Once they have reached 160 degrees, use two forks to shred the chicken in the sauce.
- chopped onion, cilantro, sour cream, and a squeeze of lime.