Sweet-heat, chipotle-seasoned onions slices & chicken chunks, topped with-Monterey Jack cheese on a grilled pizza… yum!
- 6 servings
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 med onions, cut crossswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 pkg Urban Accents Santa Fe BBQ Dryglaze
- 2 lbs pizza dough or 4 prepared 12-inch thin pizza crusts
- 1/2 cup Urban Accents Chicago Classic Pizza Sauce (divided )
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Ready in: 35 min
- Rub chicken with 3 Tbsp olive oil and place in resealable plastic bag. Add onion slices and Santa Fe BBQ Dryglaze seasoning blend. Seal bag and gently shake to evenly coat chicken and onions. Let sit for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Prepare grill to medium heat.
- Grill for 5-7 min per side until chicken is cooked through. Grill onion slices 2-4 min per side until tender-crisp.
- Remove chicken and onions to cutting board; let chicken rest for 10 min and cut into bite-sized chunks. Separate onions into rings.
- If using dough, stretch or roll dough on floured surface to form four 10-inch discs, about 1/2-inch thick. Brush tops of dough discs or prepared crusts with 1-1/2 Tbsp oil.
- Place discs oil-side down on grill and close lid. Grill over medium heat 1-2 min or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust. Carefully flip crusts over using tongs or spatula.
- Brush uncooked sides of crusts with remaining oil. Spread pizza sauce. Sprinkle with of half of cheese, chicken chunks, onions and top with remaining cheese. Make sure cheese is spread evenly so that is melts easily. Close lid and grill 3-4 min longer or until cheese melts and crust is light brown. Check often to avoid burning.
- Slide cooked pizza onto baking sheet; sprinkle with cilantro, slice and serve immediately.