This classic Indian dish of spiced spinach gets a boost of protein from healthy tofu… give it a try!
- 10 min
- 25 min
- Ready in:
- 35 min
- Cut tofu block into 1/2-inch cubes & place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, 2 tsp Kashmir Garam Masala, and 2 tsp salt; pour over tofu. Mix gently to coat tofu; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. When oil starts to shimmer, add tofu in a single layer and cook until browned, about 5 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out pan, return it to stovetop over medium heat, and add remaining 1 Tbsp oil. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and browned, about 3 min.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook until they just start to soften, about 2 min.
- Add spinach in handfuls and stir frequently, scraping the bottom of the pan to incorporate any browned bits. Cook until spinach is very wilted and liquid is cooked off, about 7 min.
- Fold in tofu and cook until heated through, about 2 min.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 2 tsp Kashmir Garam Masala and yogurt; salt to taste.
- Add to spinach mixture and stir until well blended; warm for 30 seconds and serve.