This vegan, gluten-free stunner is as tasty as it is beautiful. It’s the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table – you might even tempt some of the turkey lovers! Make the filling ahead to cut down on day-of prep time.
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Ready in: 1 h
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the squash cut-side up in a casserole dish, drizzle or brush with 2 Tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp seasoning. Roast 35-40 minutes, or until the squash are just fork tender. Remove from oven and set aside until ready to stuff.
- In a large sauce pan, heat 4 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat and add onion. Saute until softened and translucent - appx 5 minutes.
- Add 3 Tbsp seasoning and kale. Saute, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until kale is slightly wilted.
- Add quinoa, cranberries, and pecans to saucepan and stir to combine.
- Spoon filling into baked squash and return to oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs.