Pumpkin Tagine Lamb MeatballsAugust 22, 2016
Pumpkin Tagine Lamb Meatballs are perfect to serve on their own as an appetizer or make it into a meal by creating a savory sandwich.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1/4 cup fully cooked chorizo sauage, casing removed & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parlsey, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Tagine Sauce
- pita bread, cut in half
- cucumber, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- red onion, finely chopped
- parsley, chopped
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Mix all of the meatball ingredients until well combined. Using a tablespoon as a guide, scoop out 2 tbsp of the meatball mixture and shape into a ball. Place on a cooking sheet. Bake meatballs for 20-25 minutes. When ready to serve, heat up remaining sauce and serve as a dip for the meatballs.
- Follow meatball recipe. When ready to assemble sandwich, add remaining sauce to a skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs and toss around in sauce until well coated. Warm pita bread and add 3-4 meatballs to the pocket of the bread. Top with cucumber, tomatoes, onion and parsley.