https://www.urbanaccents.com/product/pumpkin-curry-simmer-sauce/America is obsessed with RAMEN! Try this short-cut recipe using our Pumpkin Curry Simmer Sauce as the start to a perfectly balanced broth. We use pre-cooked pork belly to cut down on cook time even more, but you can omit it all together for an even faster, delicious vegetarian ramen.
- 12 ounces fully cooked pork belly
- 6 ounces shitaki mushrooms
- 3-6 tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock (more if you like thinner ramen broth)
- 1 jar Urban Accents Pumpkin Curry Simmer Sauce,
- 3 bricks plain ramen noodles ((toss the MSG packets!))
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained
- 3 eggs, for soft-boiling
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- chopped green onion, for garnish
- black and white sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- Sriracha style hot sauce (optional)
- rice vinegar, optional
- 10 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 30 min
- Slice the pork belly and mushroom caps into 1/4 inch thick slices. In the bottom of a medium-large sauce pan, brown pork belly in a thin layer of oil over medium-high heat - appx 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Saute mushrooms until just browned and toasty. Remove to plate and set aside.
- While pork and mushrooms are browning, put on a pot of water to boil for eggs. When the water boils, carefully place eggs into boiling water and turn heat down to medium-low. Set a timer for 5 minutes. Pull eggs out after 5 minutes and remove to an ice bath.
- Carefully add chicken stock the hot pork/mushroom pan to deglaze the bottom. Add the jar of Pumpkin Curry sauce to create a rich, aromatic broth. Heat to a simmer and add ramen noodles. Stir occasionally until noodles soften. Add bamboo shoots. Thin with water or stock, as needed. Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Serve in large bowls with broth and noodles at the bottom. Place mushrooms, pork belly, and the soft egg on top. Garnish with cilantro, sesame seeds, and green onion. Serve with rice vinegar and hot sauce on the side.