Tastes like a burger you would find on a Caribbean island… it’s even accented with a spicy sauce!
For: 8 servings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk BBQ
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2-1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Urban Accents Curry Row
- 1 tsp Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk BBQ
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Kaiser rolls
- Garnish: butter lettuce & tomato slices
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready in: 25 min
- To prepare spicy sauce: In a small saucepan, over medium heat, lightly saute garlic in butter, about 2 min. Add ketchup and Jamaican Jerk BBQ; cook 5 min. Taste sauce and add more Jamaican Jerk BBQ to taste. Remove from heat and stir in green onions; set aside to cool before serving.
- Preheat grill or stove-top grill pan for medium-high heat; oil grate with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- In medium bowl, combine ground pork, Worcestershire sauce, Curry Row, Jamaican Jerk BBQ and green onions; do not over mix.
- Divide mixture into eight portions, ball lightly and flatten into patties.
- Grill burgers, about 7-8 min per side until internal temperature is 150F. During last few minutes of cooking, grill buns until lightly toasted.
- Place burgers on buns; top with spicy sauce, lettuce and tomato.