Nothing dazzles quite like a grilled steak platter! This one brings major flavor using our Poblano Grill Everything Beef Rub for seasoning the steak AND the tangy-sweet homemade BBQ sauce. Never made BBQ sauce? Fear not! It’s shockingly simple – especially when utilizing a fruity jam for added zing!
Poblano Grill Steak Platter
- 1 flank steak (2-3 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp Urban Accents Poblano Grill Culinary Wingman Everything Rub
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil (+ more for oiling grill grates)
- Your favorite seasonal garnish. (We like corn kernels, radish, sliced kumquats, cubed mango, grilled peppers, baby salad or micro greens, lime wedges, cilantro, or scallions. Crispy tostadas make an excellent base for piling and drizzling!)
Tangy-Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1 can tomato sauce (14-16oz)
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen's Raspberry-Peach Champagne Jam (or your favorite jam - something sweet and fruity!)
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Poblano Grill Culinary Wingman Everything Rub
- 1/2 cup White wine vinegar (You can substitute red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar. Apple cider and white vinegars can be too harsh for this recipe.)
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Ready in: 30 min
Grilled Steak Platter
- Heat grill and oil grates.
- Pat steak dry with paper towels. Drizzle with oil and generously sprinkle seasoning on both sides.
- Grill steak on hot grates over high, indirect heat. Cook 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare (flipping once) or to your desired doneness. (See tips below!) While steak is grilling, add scallions and mango cheeks to grates for 2-3 minutes just delicious grill marks!
- Remove steak to a large cutting board, and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak thinly against the grain and serve with lots of colorful garnish, crispy tostadas or tortillas, and our Tangy-Sweet BBQ Sauce.
Tangy-Sweet BBQ Sauce
- In a medium saucepan, gently stir together tomato sauce, jam, and seasoning over medium-high heat. Bring to a low simmer and cook 5-10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- When sauce is fully combined and slightly thinned, remove from heat and stir in vinegar. Taste and add more vinegar or a dash of salt, if you like. We like this sauce on the thinner, tangy-vinegar side, but maybe thick and sweet is your ideal! Serve immediately or cool and store in the fridge until ready to use. Sauce can be made up to 5 days in advance! Be sure to warm it up before serving.