Leftover rice is granted a new sweet, spicy life in this ultra customizable stir fry. You don't have to serve it in a half a pineapple, but it sure is fun!
- 1 bottle Urban Accents Pineapple Sriracha Marinade and Grill Sauce
- 1 whole pineapple (optional, for serving boat)
- white or brown rice, cooked according to package instructions (leftover rice works wonderfully for this dish)
- 1 pound Shrimp peeled and deveined (optional)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces (optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced or sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced or sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1.5 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 6-8 tablespoons vegetable oil (canola, peanut, or soy work well)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1.5 cups green peas (frozen)
- unsweetened coconut chips (optional, for garnish)
- 2 green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1 lime, in wedges (for garnish)
- In two separate bowls, combine shrimp with 1 cup Urban Accents Pineapple Sriracha Marinade, combine chicken with 1 cup marinade, and refrigerate everything for 30 minutes. While proteins marinate, cook rice and chop vegetables, as needed.
- In a large skillet, sauté veggies (except peas) in 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat for 2-4 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Remove to a plate.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to skillet. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from marinade and cook over medium-high heat until each piece is opaque and cooked through, 5-8 minutes. (Discard marinade.) If sauce begins to stick, add a water 1/3 cup at a time, as needed. Remove chicken to plate with vegetables.
- Rinse skillet under running water and carefully wipe it out with paper towels to remove any sauce residue, and return to heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Remove shrimp from marinade with a slotted spoon and sauté over medium high heat until firm and opaque, 3-5 minutes. (Discard marinade.) If sauce begins to stick, add a water 1/3 cup at a time, as needed. Remove to plate with chicken and vegetables.
- Rinse and wipe out skillet again. Heat a thin layer of vegetable oil in the bottom of the skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice to skillet in one layer and let cook for 1-2 minutes before stirring. Add 1/4 cup soy sauce and stir as rice soaks up soy sauce. Continue cooking and add the remainder of soy sauce. When rice is toasty and has soaked up all soy sauce, add veggies, chicken, shrimp and peas to pan. Continue to stir until everything is combined and heated through. Serve immediately garnished with green onion and coconut chips and more Pineapple Sriracha Sauce.
- For pineapple boat: Carefully cut whole pineapple in half vertically. Cut a rectangle in the middle of each half and scoop out the core with a spoon. Discard any hard core, but reserve any soft pineapple flesh for garnish or for snacking later.