The pineapple is grilled first with a spicy-citrus seasoning to give this chilled soup a complex flavor…
- 1 whole pineapple, skin removed & cut into 1-inch slices, core & cut into wedges
- juice & zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled & diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 med garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juices
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare grill for med-high heat.
- In large bowl, combine lime juice and zest with Mozambique Peri Peri.
- Add pineapple; stir and marinade for 15 min.
- Grill pineapple on all side to get slightly grilled grill marks.
- Let pineapple cool slightly and cut into small chunks.
- In a blender or food processor, puree 1 cup grilled pineapple chunks with pineapple juice and oil until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.