Courses: Beef, Burgers & Sandwiches, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Lunch, Main Course, Main Courses, Pizza & Sandwiches
Perfectly seasoned with a coarse sea salt, pepper, garlic and pepper blend… and served with grilled onions and melted provolone in a Italian roll — YUMMM!
For: 4 servings
Preparation: 5 min
Cooking: 20 min
Ready in: 25 min
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, onions and 2 tsp Chicago Steak & Chop. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 min or until onions are soft and caramel in color.
- Heat a heavy griddle pan over medium-high to high heat. Using a paper towel, wipe griddle with 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Place meat on griddle in single layers, cooking it in 2 batches. Sprinkle meat with Chicago Steak & Chop. Sear and cook meat until brown but not crisp, about 1 min on each side. Just before meat is done, tenderize it by cutting it with the side of your spatula; then remove it to a warm plate.
- Line up your split rolls and top each with 2 slices of provolone cheese.
- Pile cooked meat back onto the griddle with the onions; quickly mix together with your spatula to heat through.
- Remove and pile 1/4 of the meat mixture on each roll. The heat from the meat and onions will melt the cheese.