Tangy grapefruit and sweet navel oranges get a kick of heat from our Mozambique Peri Peri blend in this ultra-simple citrus salad recipe.
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 navel oranges
- appx 1 cup jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- appx 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- zest of one lime
- Urban Accents Mozambique Peri Peri Blend
- Using a knife, carefully cut away rind from grapefruit and oranges and discard. Cut fruit crossways into 4 slices. Arrange on a plate or platter.
- Peel jicama and cut into matchsticks. If you're lucky, you can find pre-peeled, cut jicama and as well as clean and ready pomegranate seeds at your grocery store. If using a whole pomegranate, cut it in half on the axis and carefully remove seeds into a large bowl of water. Pomegranate pith will sink to the bottom and the clean arils (seeds) will float. Arrange the jicama and arils on top of the citrus.
- Sprinkle the fruit with a dusting of Peri Peri seasoning blend and lime zest. Peri Peri is spicy, so start light and add more to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.