Nashville Hot Chicken is everywhere and now it’s coming in hot to your kitchen! This recipe uses our fiery Mozambique Peri Peri Seasoning Blend three ways to infuse big flavor into your next chicken dinner. But watch out: it’s addictive!
- 30 min
- 40 min
- Ready in:
- 5 h 10 min
- In a microwave-safe container, heat water in microwave 1-2 minutes until warm. Add salt, sugar, and 3 Tbsp Peri Peri Blend and stir to dissolve salt and sugar. Allow to cool to room temperature. Submerge chicken in brine solution and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- Remove chicken from bowl, rinse off brine, and pat dry with paper towels. Rub 1 Tbsp of Peri Peri Blend on all chicken pieces. Use less rub if less heat is desired.
- Pre heat oven to 400°. In a skillet, melt butter and add panko. Toast until lightly browned then stir in 1 Tbsp Peri Peri blend. Put seasoned panko mixture and eggs into separate shallow dishes. Dip chicken into eggs, then press chicken into crust mixture to coat all sides. Place breaded chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake chicken 30 minutes, uncovered. Lower temperature to 350° and continue baking for 20 minutes or until internal temperature of 165° is reached. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- For boneless chicken breasts: Follow recipe above with the following modifications: Brine for 4-8 hours. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.