This one goes out to all of you looking for an unforgettable holiday cocktail for your (in)famous annual party. Mull the juice a day ahead, mix together the batch just before showtime, and pop the champagne as the first guests arrive. Once everyone has a drink in hand, make a toast to Auld Lang Syne.
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 3 Tbsp Urban Accents Wine & Cider Mulling Spice
- 1/4 Cup sugar (optional).
- 8 ounces gin
- 1 bottle champagne or prosecco (Bubbles optional!)
- In a small pot, bring pomegranate juice to a low simmer over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and mulling spices. Simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the juice has reduced by about half.
- Remove from heat, strain, and chill. Mulled juice mixture can be refrigerated up to 4 days.
- Just before ready to serve, stir together mulled pomegranate juice and gin in a pitcher - add ice to keep cool. When ready to serve, fill glasses 1/3 with gin mixture and top with champagne.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils, rosemary sprigs, or orange slices. Blood orange slices for a dramatic touch!