- Cuisine: Global Exotics
Slow-roasted with an earthy, lemon-wine sauce…
- 6 servings
- 6 whole chicken leg-thigh pieces
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 cup shallots, peeled & halved (about 4 large)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp Urban Accents Casablanca Ras El Hanout
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 14 figs, halved
- 2 tsp sherry wine vinegar
- prepared couscous
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 1 h 30 min
- Ready in: 1 h 40 min
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sprinkle each side of chicken pieces with salt. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Sear chicken until golden, about 5-6 min per side. Place chicken in prepared 9" x 13" baking dish, skin side up.
- In medium bowl, stir together carrots, shallots, garlic, lemon peel, Casablanca Ras El Hanout, chicken broth, white wine, and remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil. Pour mixture over chicken; cover with foil and bake for 1 hour until tender.
- Transfer chicken, carrots and shallots to baking sheet; discard garlic. Cover pan with foil and place in turned off oven to keep warm.
- Pour pan juices into saucepan; spoon off fat from surface. Boil juices until reduced to 2 cups, whisking occasionally, about 15 min.
- Add figs and vinegar; cook until figs are just heated through, 3-4 min. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place couscous on serving platter and top with chicken, vegetables and figs. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.