Spicy, sweet and totally delicious…a warm appetizer that everyone will be talking about!
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Urban Accents Cayman Citrus Heat Dryglaze, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oIl
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- juiceof 2 limes
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 30 min
- 30 min
- 1 h
- In small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, stir to combine and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together beef and pork. Add onion, bread crumbs, egg mixture and Cayman Citrus Dryglaze, reserving 2 tsp of seasoning for sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute meatballs a few at a time until brown, approx. 2-3 min on each side.
- Transfer to large baking sheet big enough to hold all the meatballs. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs.
- Place in oven to finish cooking, about 20 min.
- To prepare sauce: combine orange juice, lime juice, sesame oil, honey and 2 tsp Dryglaze in small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat to warm through.
- Serve meatballs with toothpicks and individual bowls of dipping sauce.