This recipe is the perfect introduction to Queso Fundido: a hot meat-and-cheesey Tex-Mex dip. Our version, with an ooey-gooey base and smokey seasoned meat crumbles, is so simple and ready in about 20 minutes. Serve it hot with corn chips, and your friends and family will ask for it again and again.
- 4 Tbsp (whole packet) Urban Accents Organic Mesquite Steakhouse Chili Seasoning (divided)
- 1 pound ground meat of choice (We like a blend of beef and pork.)
- 2 cups quesadilla cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- green onion, pickled jalapeno, or cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat broiler. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute meat with 3 Tbsp seasoning. Do not drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- Combine cheeses and remaining seasoning (appx 1 Tbsp). Spread cheese mixture into an oven proof dish and broil for 3-8 minutes or until cheese browns.
- Remove from oven and top with meat including any seasoned fat. Add garnish and serve hot with corn chips.
- Make it vegetarian by substituting one can of black beans and one can of pinto beans for the meat.