Course: Breakfast & Brunch
Cuisine: Tex Mex
Our take on the Austin, TX specialty! This healthful, tasty idea is great for brunch, but it also makes for an easy weeknight dinner for two. Either way, don’t forget the margaritas!
For: 2 servings
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 15 min
Ready in: 30 min
- Mix 6 tablespoons of olive oil with 1-2 tablespoons of Mesa Rosa seasoning and the juice from half a lime. Adjust ratio to taste. Set aside to drizzle at the end.
- Clean and peel sweet potatoes. Carefully chop sweet potatoes into a half inch dice. Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and Mesa Rosa seasoning. Drain and rinse black beans.
- Coat the bottom of a large sauté pan or cast iron skillet with 4-6 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and fry in one layer for 2-3 minutes on each side. When potatoes are crisp outside and fork-tender inside, add in drained and rinsed black beans. Toss the mixture just long enough to warm the beans. Remove from heat and set aside. You'll likely have left over hash if you're only feeding two with this recipe. It keeps beautifully in an air tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- Cook eggs however you like them. We like fried over medium or sunny side up. Scrambled will also be delicious.
- Lightly toast tortillas in the oven or in a hot pan. Into each tortilla, spoon a bit of sweet potato black bean hash and top with eggs. Drizzle the Mesa Rosa Lime Oil over the top and garnish with chopped cilantro and green onion. Finish with a squeeze of lime.