Mediterranean Stuffed PorkMarch 20, 2015
With a savory stuffing of dried fruits and nuts… this dish is celebration worthy!
For: 8 servings
- 2 Tbsp extra-virign olive oil, plus additional
- 3 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 Tbsp Urban Accents Marrakesh Za'Atar, divided
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup dried figs, diced
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1-lb each
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 20 min
- 50 min
- Ready in:
- 1 h 10 min
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp oil and add 2 tsp salt and pepper. When hot, add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add 2 Tbsp Marrrakesh Za'Atar, apricots, figs, almonds, chicken stock and balsamic vinegar; cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the bread crumbs and stir to incorporate. Take off heat, and set aside for later.
- Butterfly pork tenderloins lengthwise by cutting halfway through each piece of meat. Place each tenderloin between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a mallet until approximately 1/2-inch thick.
- Remove plastic wrap and place ample filling in the middle of each tenderloin, leaving about 1/2-inch on either side.
- Roll tenderloins and tie with butcher's twine about every 2 inches.
- Combine remaining 1 Tbsp Marrakesh Za'Atar and 1 tsp salt in small bowl.
- Rub each tenderloin with olive oil and then with spice mixture. Wrap with bacon (optional)
- Place tenderloins on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Roast for 35 to 40 min for medium, or until thermometer registers 140F.
- Transfer meat to cutting board and let rest for 5 min, loosely covered with aluminum foil. When ready to serve, remove the strings, slice and serve.