A small Greek salad with roasted red peppers, feta and olives tops each mushroom burger… delicious and different!
For: 4 servings
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems & gills removed
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tsp Urban Accents Roma, divided
- 8 slices country-style sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 red bell pepper (optional)
Preparation: 15 min
Cooking: 10 min
Ready in: 25 min
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; oil grate with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- In small bowl, combine 2 Tbsp oil, kosher salt and 1-1/2 tsp Roma. Brush oil mixture on both sides of portobellos and on one side of the bread.
- In medium bowl, combine red peppers, tomato, feta, olives, vinegar, 1 Tbsp oil and 1-1/2 Tbsp Roma; set aside.
- Slice red pepper in quarters , brush with oil and grill until slighly softened. Grill mushroom caps until tender, about 4 min per side. Grill the bread about 1 min until lightly toasted. Slice the red peppers into strips
- Toss the salad greens with red pepper mixture. Place grilled mushroom top-side down on bread slice. Top with salad mixture and remaining bread slice. Add a couple of the sliced red peppers