Cuisine: American Adventures
Steak is accented with maple and sage flavors… add grilled asparagus and this salad is a complete meal!
- 4 5-oz beef sirloin steaks, each 1/2-inch thick (also works with 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Vermont Grill Dryglaze
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed (16-20 spears)
- Urban Accents Sonoma Pepper
- 8-10 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/2 med red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 15 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 25 min
- Rub steaks lightly with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with Vermont Grill Dryglaze. Place in a baking dish and cover lightly with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 min. Preheat grill to med-high heat.
- Remove from refrigerator and let meat come to room temperature. Brush asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with Sonoma Pepper.
- Place steaks and asparagus on grill. Grill asparagus 3 to 5 min on each side until tender. Grill steaks until preferred level of doneness. Transfer steaks to cutting board and let rest 10 min.
- Remove asparagus from grill and cut into 1-inch pieces. Thinly slice steaks crosswise.
- Place baby green in a large bowl and top with sliced steak, asparagus, onions, peppers and tomatoes.
- Top with your favorite balsamic vinaigrette or make your own: Combine 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and 2 tsp Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Stream in 1/2 cup olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is creamy and emulsified.