These little bites are as easy as they are tasty. We like them as a holiday appetizer, but they are just as perfect for a quick, classy weeknight dinner.
- 8-12 sea scallops For an appetizer portion, we recommend at least two scallops per person. Portion sizes will vary greatly depending on the size of your scallops.
- bacon strips (one for each scallop)
- Urban Accents Vermont Grill Dryglaze
- cooking spray
- sweet potatoes (optional)
- chives, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse each scallop with cool water and pat very dry with paper towels.
- Wrap each scallop with one slice of raw bacon. You can use a water-soaked toothpick to hold the bacon in place, if needed. Spray lightly with cooking spray, and generously season scallop/bacon pieces on all sides with DryGlaze seasoning. Place on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Let sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes for glaze to form.
- Bake on the top rack for approximately 1-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp and scallops are firm. If you're in a hurry, you can set the baking sheet under the broiler, but keep a very close eye as they will burn fast! Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
For Sweet Potato Puree
- Put a medium pot of water on to boil. Peel 2 sweet potatoes and roughly chop. Boil sweet potatoes until very soft and drain. Add one tablespoon Urban Accents Vermont Maple Grill DryGlaze to potatoes, and use a potato masher or fork to mash the potatoes into a smooth consistency. Serve scallops on puree for a beautiful presentation.