This recipe is a spin on the classic and could not be easier. When your Thanksgiving guests ask why the potatoes are so good this year, just say, "Spanish cheese" and leave them guessing.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1.75 oz Urban Accents Manchego and Roasted Garlic Veggie Roaster Seasoning Blend
- Cover potatoes with water in a medium stock pot. Add salt and heat over high until boiling. Boil potatoes until very tender (10-15 minutes depending on their size). Drain and add back to pot.
- While potatoes cook, place buttermilk and butter in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high until warm 30-60 seconds. Add warm buttermilk mixture, cream cheese, and seasoning to warm potatoes and coarsely mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Spoon potatoes into serving dish. Serve immediately or cover with foil and keep warm in a 250° oven until ready to serve.