Juicy, roasted chicken with hits of fresh herbs and citrus zest using our Herby Lemon marinade makes this an easy dish you can serve the whole family!
- 2-3 cups Urban Accents Herby Lemon Marinade and Grill Sauce
- 1-2 pounds Bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 - 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- fresh oregano
- lemon slices or wedges for garnish
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oIl
- In a shallow baking dish or zip top bag, coat chicken with marinade. Cover and let sit in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 6-8 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°. Remove chicken to a foil-lined baking dish and discard any remaining marinade. Bake chicken for approximately 40 minutes (brushing on more marinade after 20-30 minutes) or until the internal temperature reaches 165°. Juices should run clear.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat olive oil in a large sauce pan. Add onion and carrots and sauté until onion is translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add stock to pan and bring to a simmer. Add beans and cook at a low simmer until broth has thickened slightly and beans are tender and flavorful - appx 15 minutes.
- Serve beans and broth in the bottom of a wide bowl and place carved chicken on top. Garnish with fresh oregano leaves and lemon wedges.