Jackfruit subs in for pulled pork in these party-ready nachos! They come together quickly with a handful of pantry and fridge staples and make a HUGE crowd pleaser for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. Our Jamaican Jerk sauce provides a tangy, spicy base with a light sweetness to compliment all your favorite traditional nacho flavors.
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 can unripened Jackfruit in brine ((often available at Thai food markets or natural grocers))
- 1/2 bottle Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 cup shredded soft melting cheese ((pepper jack, colby jack, etc.))
- 1 bag your favorite plain tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce (- homemade or store-bought)
- 10 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 20 min
- Preheat broiler.
- Drain, rinse, and squeeze the jackfruit well to remove the sour brine. Use two forks to pull the jackfruit apart leaving some clumps.
- Heat oil on medium high and sautee jackfruit and 3-5 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add sauce and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Spread chips on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Warm cheese sauce in a saucepan or microwave and set aside.
- Layer cheese, beans, and jackfruit (in sauce) over chips. Drizzle on more sauce. Place under broiler until cheese is melted and chips are toasty. Keep a sharp eye - they will burn quickly!
- Layer on warmed cheese sauce and cold toppings and enjoy!
- Easily make this dish vegan-friendly by omitting cheese and cheese sauce.