Has your summer picnic spread become a little repetitive? Try something new! With grilled pineapple and smokey Jamaican Jerk seasoning, this recipe will keep things interesting deep into grilling season.
- 1 package your favorite hot dogs
- 1 package your favorite hot dog buns
- condiments of your choice (- BBQ sauce and mayo work well)
- 3-6 tbsp. Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk BBQ Spice Blend
- 4-6 fresh pineapple rings
- 3-5 tbsp. olive or canola oil (for brushing pineapple rings)
- 2-4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 min
- 10 min
- Ready in:
- 22 min
- Fire up the grill (or grill pan)!
- Brush pineapple with cooking oil and grill until toasty and a bit charred. Remove to a plate or platter and let cool enough to handle. Grill hot dogs and toast buns.
- Carefully dice grilled pineapple. Sprinkle lightly with Jamaican Jerk seasoning.
- Spread condiments on buns and place the dogs inside. Pile on the pineapple, cabbage, and green onion. Liberally sprinkle Jamaican Jerk BBQ seasoning blend over the whole thing and enjoy!