These salmon burgers are SO good! We chopped fresh salmon filets and flavored the mix with our sweet, smoky Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend. We rolled the burger in panko crumbs and sesame seeds to give it a toasty, crispy coating. Finished with a light slaw, a grilled pineapple ring, and a spicy aioli, this is the salmon burger you’ll be craving from now on.
- 1-2 pound salmon filet ((skin removed))
- 2-3 Tbsp Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko style bread crumbs ((divided into two half cups))
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 hamburger or pretzel buns
- 3 fresh pineapple rings
- 2-3 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 2-3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2-3 tbsp. rice wine, white vinegar, or lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- sugar or honey to taste
Spicy Aioli Sauce
- Dice salmon into tiny pieces. Gently combine salmon, 1/2 cup panko, 2 Tbsp mayo, and seasoning a large bowl. Form three patties, making sure to keep the sides solid and not cracked. Place remaining panko on a plate with both black and white sesame seeds. Roll patties in panko and seeds to coat the entire surface.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties until crispy brown on both sides - approximately 2-4 minutes per side. Remove patties from pan and let cool slightly.
- Whisk mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and sweetener of your choice to create a light slaw dressing. Toss with slaw mix - you might not use all the dressing. Set slaw aside.
- Lightly brush pineapple rings with cooking oil. Grill on a hot grill or grill pan for 2-3 minutes per side - just long enough to make distinct grill marks.
- Stir together mayo and sriracha to create a spicy, tangy sauce. Add more hot sauce to taste.
- Lightly toast buns, assemble burgers, and enjoy!