Jackfruit puts a vegetarian spin on this delicious Hawaiian style pizza – made right at home!
- 1 ready made pizza dough
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cans jackfruit (in brine or water, not syrup)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 slices pineapple (grilled, if possible)
- 1 bunch cilantro (cleaned and chopped)
- 1 bottle Urban Accents Jamaican Jerk Taco Simmer Sauce
- 1 tbsp. diced jalapeno peppers (or adjust to your taste)
- 1-2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (author suggests Follow Your Heart Vegan Mozzarella Cheese)
- Boil the jackfruit in water for 10 minutes. Drain, add to a skillet over medium heat with a little oil. Begin to break up the jackfruit so it becomes shredded. Cook for 10 minutes, then add 1 cup of sauce. (If you'd like a more crispy result you can cook for 10, then bake on 300 for 10 minutes)
- Roll out your dough. Place on a greased pan. Layer the jackfruit bbq on top. Then layer with grilled pineapple, red onion, jalapeño and top with vegan cheese. Bake on 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with additional sauce, grilled avocado, and cilantro.