Courses: Dinner, Lunch, Main Course, Main Courses, Pork, Pork, Poultry, Meat & Seafood Salads, Salads, Salads
With citrus vinaigrette to balance the sweet-heat of the pork in this Caribbean-inspired main course salad…
For: 4 servings
- 1 to 1-1/2 lb pork tenderloin (or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet Urban Accetns Cayman Citrus Heat Dryglaze
- 6-8 cups baby salad greens
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 naval oranges, peeled (including white pith) and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 firm-ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut diagonally into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1-1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Urban Accents Curry Row
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking: 30 min
Ready in: 50 min
- Liberally rub pork tenderloin with olive oil and place in resealable plastic bag. Add Cayman Citrus Heat Dryglaze; seal bag and shake to coat pork evenly. Refrigerate for 30 min, remove and let meat come to room temperature.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Cook pork tenderloin using indirect heat until internal temperature reaches 140F.
- OR... TO ROAST IN OVEN: Preheat oven to 350F. Place pork in 2" deep pan and cover with foil. Bake for 20-30 min removing foil halfway through cooking time; internal temperature should reach 140F. Let pork rest 10 min; temperature will rise to about 155F.
- Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together juices, Dijon mustard and Curry Row. Stream in oil, whisking constantly until dressing is creamy and emulsified. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Place salad greens and red pepper in large bowl; toss with 1/4 cup of dressing. Cut pork at 45-degree angle into 1/2-inch slices.
- Line a large platter with dressed salad. Arrange pork slices, oranges and avocados in rows across top; drizzle with pork juices and remaining vinaigrette.