This tangy tomatillo pork & hominy stew will surprise you with how much flavor comes from so little work! It’s all because our Argentina Steak Rub and Tangy Tomatillo Garlic Taco Sauce both pack a punch. The rub seasons the pork, and the sauce creates a silky, savory, stewy broth. Don’t even think about skipping the garnish! Pungent radish and herby cilantro are an essential counterpoint to these classic Mexican stew flavors.
- 2lb boneless pork roast (Cut into 4 inch pieces.)
- 2 Tbsp Urban Accents Argentina Steak Rub
- 2 Tbsp olive oIl
- 1 large yellow onion (diced)
- 1 can hominy (drained and rinsed)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bottle Urban Accents Tangy Tomatillo Garlic Taco Simmer Sauce
- optional garnish: lime wedges, avocado slices, cilantro, radish, cotija cheese, shredded cabbage
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- Ready in: 1 h 5 min
- Season the pork pieces on all sides using Argentina Steak Rub.
- Set an Instant Pot to “sauté,” and add the olive oil. Working in batches so you don't overcrowd the pot, sear the pork until golden brown on each side (appx 4 minutes per side). Transfer the pork to a plate.
- Add the onion to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth and 1 bottle Urban Accents Tangy Tomatillo Taco Sauce to the pot and stir to combine. Scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Return the pork to the pot.
- Cover the pot with the lid, lock the lid into place, and turn the valve to “sealing.” Set the Instant Pot to cook at high pressure for 45 minutes. Quick or natural release.
- Use two forks to shred the pork into bite size pieces. Stir in hominy and heat through.
- Serve with your favorite garnish.