Courses: Appetizers, Dinner, Hot Appetizers, Late Night, Lunch, Pizza, Focaccia & Flatbread, Pizza, Foccacia & Flatbread
A Northern India curry blend changes the base sauce of this classic light pizza… add some thinly sliced jalapenos and you’ve got a whole different kind of Margherita pizza!
- 1-2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 2-3 thinly sliced jalapenos, seeds removed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Urban Accents Kashmir Garam Masala
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb pizza dough or 14-inch prepared thin pizza crust
- olive oil for grill
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 20 min
- 20 min
- Ready in:
- 40 min
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med-high heat; add onions and cook until just translucent, about 2 min.
- Add jalapeno peppers, garlic and Kashmir Garam Masala, stirring constantly for a minute or so until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes have softened slightly, about 2 min.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl. Stir in the lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste; mix until well combined and set aside.
- Cut the dough into 2 pieces. Stretch the dough out on a lightly floured surface to form two 10-inch discs.
- Lightly brush grill with olive oil. Place dough directly onto the grill surface. Close the grill cover and cook for about 2 min, open the grill and pop the air bubbles with a fork.
- When the bottom is slightly brown, remove from grill and place on work surface with cooked/grilled side up.
- Flip the dough and place on grill; close lid and continue cooking until bottom has light grill marks.
- Remove from grill and place on a work surface with the cooked/grilled side up. Lower the heat on the grill to med-low.
- Spread half of the tomato mixture on each pizza; evenly divide the cheese over the tomato mixture.
- Lightly oil the grill once more and carefully place the pizzas, tomato/cheese side up, onto the grill. Close the lid and cook slowly for another 2-3 min to allow the cheese to melt and the bottom is a nice even brown with some charred spots.
- Remove from grill; place on a cutting board, slice and serve.