This comfort dish gets a new twist… it’s made with thin layers of potatoes with a spicy ground lamb sauce!
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med onion, minced
- 2 lbs ground lamb (can substitute with ground beef or turkey
- 2-1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly grated
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 3 14.5-oz cans tomato sauce
- 3-1/2 tsp Urban Accents Punjab Red Tandoori
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 1-1/2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb ricotta salata
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly oil a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over med-high heat and saute onion until translucent. Add lamb, 1 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper. Cook until lamb is browned and cooked through. Stir in parsley and set aside to cool.
- In medium saucepan, over low heat, combine tomato sauce and Punjab Red Tandoori; simmer 5 min. Take off heat and add 1-1/2 tsp salt, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of baking dish.
- Place a layer of potatoes on top of the sauce, using half of the potatoes.
- Spread half of the meat mixture; then half of the remaining sauce.
- Repeat layering potatoes, meat mixture and finally sauce.
- Spread cheese on top; cover and bake for 50 to 60 min.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 min to brown the top.
- Allow to rest 10 min before serving.