Traditional Spanish churros are scrumptious crispy fried dough treats covered in cinnamon and sugar and dipped in a rich chocolate sauce. This recipe keeps things simple by substituting the sticky fried dough with baked puff pastry. But watch out – they’re addictive! You might find yourself whipping these up every other weeknight for a quickie dessert fix!
- 25 min
- 25 min
- Ready in:
- 50 min
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Working swiftly so the dough stays cold, unfold pastry sheet and lay flat. Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the sheet in half lengthwise and then into one inch wide strips. Brush sheet with melted butter and sprinkle generously with Fruit Griller Seasoning. Don't be shy - use at least 2 tablespoons for one dough sheet. For added texture, use a fork to press parallel lines into the dough before twisting.
- Using your hands, twist each dough piece a few times before placing onto baking sheet. Bake appx 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Brush with more butter and sprinkle with more Fruit Griller. Serve with warm tequila chocolate sauce.
For Chocolate Sauce:
- Bring cream to a low simmer; pour over chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add spices and tequila; stir until smooth.
- Serve immediately, with churros.