Sweet potatoes are the perfect partner for our smoky sweet Honey Chipotle Taco Sauce. Luckily, they also make a fiber-packed tortilla substitute for your next taco night! Let it be easy: grab a rotisserie chicken and this down-home dinner will come together with minimum effort and maximum flavor.
- 5 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 rotisserie chicken, carved and meat shredded
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sour cream (for garnish)
- 1 lime, in wedges (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Urban Accents Honey Chipotle Taco Sauce
- Heat oven to 400°. Place potatoes (whole) onto a foil-lined baking sheet and bake on middle rack until tender - 45 minutes - 1 hour. Once soft, remove and set aside to cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and heat through. Add 1.5 cups Urban Accents Honey Chipotle Taco Sauce to the skillet. Cook and stir 4-6 minutes as sauce thickens and coats chicken. Add black beans and stir to combine.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh leaving a 1/4-1/2 inch around the sides and on the bottom. Reserve sweet potato for use in another recipe. (Mash with butter and cinnamon sugar for a sweet treat!)
- Fill potato 'boats' with chicken mixture. If needed to warm, place boats on a baking sheet and into oven for 5-10 minutes OR serve immediately garnished with green onion and sour cream with more Honey Chipotle Sauce on the side. Other toppings could include cilantro, cheese, diced onion, or avocado.