Honey BBQ OnionsMarch 20, 2015
A sweet and sassy side dish for your next BBQ…
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 pkg Urban Accents Santa Fe BBQ Dryglaze
- 1-1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large sweet onions (such as Walla Walla, Vidalia or Maui), peeled & cut horizontally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high heat.
- In small bowl, whisk together oil and butter. In another bowl, whisk together Santa Fe BBQ Dryglaze and Worcestershire.
- Run 2 thin metal skewers or soaked bamboo skewers parallel through each onion slice, placing skewers about 1-1/2 inches apart to keep slice intact. Trim ends of bamboo skewers.
- Brush both sides of onion slices with oil mixture. Place onions on grill and cook until beginning to char, turning and brushing often with oil mixture, about 5-7 min.
- Brush top side of onions with dryglaze mixture and cook until mixture begins to bubble, about 2 min. Turn onions; brush with Dryglaze mixture and grill until beginning to caramelize, about 1 min longer.
- Transfer onions to plate and serve as side dish at your next BBQ .