A roasted chicken is the gift that keeps on giving! Transform your chicken leftovers into Chicken and Apple Salad. Our herby, peppery Heartland Pepper and Garlic does all the work for the dressing, so you’ll have lunch in no time!
- 1/2 roasted, braised, or rotisserie chicken ((Easily double this recipe for a whole chicken!))
- 1/3-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp Urban Accents Heartland Pepper & Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup apple, finely chopped ((You can peel if you like, but we like the added color of the skin-on!))
- Preparation: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Use clean hands to remove all skin or excess fat from chicken pieces. Pull all meat from bones being careful to get rid of any gristly bits. (Store bones in fridge or freezer for making stock later.)
- Combine shredded chicken meat, celery, celery leaves, onion, and apple in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4cup mayo, lemon juice, and seasoning. Pour over chicken and other goodies, stir well to coat. Add more mayo to desired consistency. This is delicious immediately but even better after a few hours in the fridge.
- Serve on top of a green salad, with crackers, or as a thick sandwich!