Hatch chiles are a staple in authentic Tex-Mex cuisine. They are a bit tangy like onion but also sweet, mildly spicy, and a little smoky. We blend them with garlic, tomatillo, and spices to add loads of flavor (and ease!) to your next burger night.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3-5 tbsp. Urban Accents Hatch Chile Burger Starter
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 ciabatta or hamburger buns
- 1 avocado - pitted, peeled, and smashed
- pepper jack cheese (or cheese of your choice)
- pickled or fresh onion slices
- 3 fried eggs (sunny side up)
- In a large bowl, gently combine ground beef and burger starter in a large bowl. Form three patties, making sure to keep the sides solid and not cracked. Make a thumb-print dent in the middle to keep the patties from becoming spheres while cooking.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook patties until crispy brown on both sides - approximately 3-5 minutes per side. After flipping for the last time, place cheese slices on patties to melt. Remove patties from pan and let cool slightly.
- For fried eggs: heat a small pan over medium high heat with 1 teaspoon of cooking oil. Carefully crack one egg into hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on the one side. Cook until egg white is set but yolk is still very soft and a dark yellow.
- Lightly toast buns, assemble burgers, and enjoy!