Shrimp with a big spicy kick, balanced with sweet pineapple… all on a pizza!
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 packet Urban Accents Cayman Citrus Heat Dryglaze
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 4 tbsp Urban Accents Fire Roasted Arrabiata Pizza Sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2-inch wide strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lb pizza dough or prepared 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 8-oz can pineapple rings, drained & cut into bite-size pieces or fresh pineapple cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2-3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In small bowl, combine, 4 Tbsp oil, orange juice and Cayman Citrus Heat Dryglaze.
- Place shrimp and vegetables in 2 separate large resealable plastic bags. Pour 1/2 of spiced liquid mixture in each; seal and turn to coat well. Let sit for 20 min.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables from marinade; discard any remaining marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill vegetables and shrimp 6-8 min turning occasionally. Vegetables should be tender-crisp and shrimp should turn pink. Remove from heat and cut vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- If using dough, stretch or roll dough on floured surface to form two 10-inch discs, about 1/4-inch thick.
- Brush tops of dough discs or prepared crusts with 1 Tbsp oil; place discs oil-side down on grill and close lid.
- Grill over medium heat 1-2 min or until grill marks appear on the bottom of the crust.
- Carefully flip crust over using tongs or spatula. Brush uncooked sides of crusts with remaining oil.
- Spread pizza sauce and sprinkle crusts with 1/2 of cheese, grilled shrimp and vegetables; then add remaining cheese and pineapple chunks. Make sure cheese is spread evenly so that is melts easily.
- Close lid and grill 3-4 min longer or until cheese melts and crust is light brown. Check often to avoid burning.
- Slide cooked pizza onto baking sheet; slice and serve immediately.