Grilled Shrimp SaladMarch 20, 2015
An Asian-inspired main course salad with spicy-sweet shrimp…
- 32 large uncooked shrimp (about 1-1/2 lbs), peeled, deveined & tails intact
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pkg Urban Accents Mandarin Ginger Dryglaze
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 min
- 1/2 lb snow peas
- 6 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 1 med jicama, peeled & cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Place shrimp in large bowl; add olive oil and toss so each shrimp is coated. Add contents of Mandarin Ginger Dryglaze packet (reserving 1 tsp for dressing); toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 min.
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat.
- Bring medium saucepan of salted water to a boil; add snow peas and cook until bright green, about 1-1/2 min. Drain; rinse with cold water to stop cooking and pat dry; set aside.
- Thread 4 shrimp on each of 8 skewers. Grill until shrimp are opaque in center; about 3 min per side.
- In small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients and reserved teaspoon of Mandarin Ginger Dryglaze; set aside.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cabbage, snow peas, jicama, peppers and red onion. Add dressing; toss well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove shrimp from skewers, add to salad and serve.