Courses: Appetizers, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Pizza, Focaccia & Flatbread, Pizza, Foccacia & Flatbread
Grilled pizzas are great as appetizers… or delicious as a light dinner when served with a salad!
For: 8 servings
- 1 lb pizza dough formed into four 6-inch rounds or 2 prepared 12-inch pizza crusts
- 2 lbs red boiling potatoes
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Urban Accents Herbes de Provence, crushed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Urban Accents Manchego & Garlic Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz fresh mozzarlla, grated (2 cups)
- garnish: fresh rosemary leaves and coarse sea salt
Preparation: 40 min
Cooking: 20 min
Ready in: 1 h
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Thinly slice potatoes, 1/8-inch thick using a mandolin or other manual slicer. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add 3 Tbsp oil, garlic, salt, Herbes de Provence and pepper; gently toss until potatoes are coated evenly.
- Spread potatoes in single layer on 2 lightly oiled baking sheets. Bake in upper and lower thirds of oven, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until tender, about 15 min total. Cool potatoes on sheets on racks.
- Preheat grill for medium heat. Lightly brush dough with oil. Carefully transfer dough, oiled side down, to grill rack. Grill oiled rounds until undersides are browned, 1-2 min.
- Flip over with tongs, then, working quickly, spread pizza sauce, sprinkle each crust with mozzarella and cover with potato slices, overlapping and leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge.
- Grill, covered, until undersides are golden and cheese is melted, about 4 min. Garnish with coarse sea salt and rosemary.